Let me guess...you raaaarely, if ever, have time to whip up a healthy lunch in the middle of your crazy work day. Me either! Even though I'm in and out of the house, I'm running around and need to be out just as quick as I got in, so lunch needs to be fast, easy, healthy and delicious.
And while it helps to always keep healthy staples on hand, hours of food prep is out of the question for me. Find habits that work for YOU. If you know you'll never find yourself chopping and prepping your Sunday away, choose easy and ready-to-go staples and easy simple meals for the work week. And if you enjoy prepping ahead of time, you go, you!!
Whipped this salad up in under 10 min and topped it with some leftover turkey larb from our picnic in the park last night for an extra protein boost. (side note: it's been decided that summer picnics need to happen waaaaaayyyyy more often). Toss everything together in the morning (or night before) – dressed or undressed (referring to both yourself, and the kale) – and you're good to go. I'm all for nudity in the kitchen btw.
10-MINUTE ASIAN KALE SALAD
Serves 1 | prep time 10 min
*No need to measure any of these ingredients - use your eyes, but here's a simple guideline.
- 2 c lacinato kale, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp or splash of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp or splash of tamari
- 2 inch piece of cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, julienned
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp toasted pepitas or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Massage kale with olive oil, toasted sesame oil and sea salt.
- Add rice vinegar and tamari.
- Toss in a cucumber, radish, green onion, pepitas, sesame seeds.
- (Optional protein boost: ground turkey, soft boiled egg, chopped nuts, etc. Feel free to add in any other greens you have on hand. Thinly sliced green cabbage is a great addition!)