ACCORDING TO BARRE3: THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SMOOTHIE OF BARRE3 ANYWHERE 2018
Yeah! Thanks, Barre3! If you missed it in their instagram stories, I got you covered. Scroll below for the full recipe! But if you feel like witnessing my first ever Instagram Stories video, it's a hoot to watch me on camera (talk about vulnerable firsts) and you should go check it out.
This recipe is THE PERFECT post workout smoothie, not to mention, super refreshing for those hot summer days and when you're short on time.
- Protein (protein powder)
- Fat (coconut and avocado)
- Fiber (spinach and greens)
- Electrolytes (coconut water)
- Antioxidants (blackberries)
- anti-inflammatory (basil and bee pollen)
- Fights free radicals (basil and bee pollen)
- Supports a healthy gut (basil and bee pollen)
BERRY BASIL SMOOTHIE
- 1 serving protein powder (we suggest collagen protein or your favorite plant-based protein)
- 6-8 oz. coconut water
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 handful spinach or your favorite leafy greens
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shaved coconut
- 1 Tbsp. flax seeds
- ¼ – ½ avocado
- 1 Tbsp. bee pollen (*optional)
- ¼ tsp. cardamom (*optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender, and whir away until smooth.
Need a Tip for quick and Easy Smoothie Making?
Place all ingredients of your smoothies (except for the liquid) in a mason jar, ziploc, or airtight container and pop into the freezer. When ready for your perfect post-workout smoothie, open the freezer, toss the contents of the mason jar into the blender along with recommended liquid and blend.