Everyone loves a creamy dressing. Everyone. A lot of us just dislike the heaviness of them as well as the thought of how many additional, maybe unnecessary, calories we'd be consuming if we went with that dressing option. But, summer...sweet sweet summer. And a good chop. Summer and chopped salads deserve a creamy sidekick.
So here, I've created a healthier version of the standard Ranch Dressing we all grew up with. And an easy-peasy throw together salad to bring to your next backyard BBQ.
SUMMER SALAD WITH GREEK YOGURT RANCH DRESSING
Serves: 6-8 as a side
- 1/2 box spinach
- 1/2 box organic girl butter lettuce or 1 small head of butter lettuce
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c fresh dill
- 10-15 basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 c chives, minced
- 1/2 c microgreens
- 3/4c plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together spinach, butter lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, avocado, seeds and herbs.
- Add desired amount of dressing and carefully toss with hands to prevent damaging herbs or avocados.
- Top with microgreens and maldon salt if desired