You know that delicious groundbreaking salad that you start to see everywhere when the summer solstice hits? Yep, it deserves to shine. So damn delicious, I am making it over and over again already, and maybe only forgetting the star of the show, basil, a handful of times. (Gahhhh, without fail, I forget one ingredient - every. single. time.)
This salad is an incredibly simple and easy dish to throw together. The perfect summer salad. Bring it to your next barbecue and eyes will light up, serve next to a simple grilled steak for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or serve straight up for lunch or a snack. So worth it.
SUMMER HEIRLOOM TOMATO AND NECTARINE SALAD
Prep Time: 5 min | Total Time: 10 min | Serves: 4-6
- 3 mixed heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 c baby heirloom or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe nectarines, thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c pickled red onions
- 1/2 c fresh torn basil leaves or micro greens
- olive oil
- fresh cracked peppercorns
- maldon sea salt
- Thinly slice 2 of the large heirloom tomatoes and quarter 1 heirloom tomato.
- On a platter, arrange tomatoes, mozzarella and nectarines.
- Drizzle entire salad with olive oil, a generous sprinkle of maldon sea salt and fresh cracked peppercorns. Let sit 5 minutes
- Arrange pickled red onions and basil on top and finish with additional salt and pepper. Voila, gorgeous!